Because my skin gets dry, irritated and pimply from all-nighters I've been pulling for midterms, I've been getting into Asian skincare as of very late.
Beauteque is an online store that sells primarily Korean make-up and skincare products, as well as a few Japanese (Koji), Taiwanese (My Beauty Diary) and other (Bioderma; random manufacturer-unspecified jewellerey) items. Being US-based, their shipping prices are low to free within the US; but they ship internationally.
I found out about Beauteque from a promotional post in the Asian Beauty subreddit. They had a $2 off $13.90 promotion (ongoing as of this post) and free shipping on any purchase (no longer), so I ordered a $14.60 box of ten My Beauty Diary face masks, and one individual $2 sheet mask. Then I figured I should take advantage of the last days of the free shipping, and grabbed another box.
(Note: They seem to track customers by IP + email address, so you could easily re-use the same promo code on multiple orders. Not that I condone being a douche to small businesses.)
The relatively new company is operated out of New Jersey; I'm across the country, in California. The turnaround timeline looked like this for me:
- Monday, 28 Apr, evening: Place order #1.
- Tuesday, 29 Apr, afternoon: Receive two e-mails at the same time, one saying that order #1 status is now 'Completed', and the other saying that it is now 'Shipped'. Place order #2 soon after.
- Wednesday, 30 Apr, afternoon: Receive the same two e-mails for order #2.
- Saturday, 3 May, evening: Receive two e-mails at the same time, for both order #1 and #2, saying that order status is now 'Awaiting Fulfillment'. (These ones confused me; I wasn't sure if they were intended to have been sent.)
- Tuesday, 6 May: Receive both packages in the mail.
Purchased items: My Beauty Diary 10-count natto masks box ($14.60), My Beauty Diary 10-count arbutin whitening masks box ($13.60), and My Beauty Diary cooling mask ($1.99).
The sample bags I got were different, aside from a couple of repeat products. You can choose the contents of their 'free' (minus shipping) sample bags, however.
Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience with them. I would definitely buy from them again with a coupon--which, since they always seem to have 10% discount codes floating around, could be a problem for me--for face masks especially. I might stick to buying from international online stores, or from brick-and-mortar Asian shops in my area, during sales for colour cosmetics and bottled products, though.